Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October 8, 2013, Game 3: NYR at SJS

No.

Just no.

This game was over after the short handed goal in the first. It was probably over before then. I don't even know what to say, we saw the same play over and over last night and we got beaten almost every time because nobody adjusted to the back side and cleared the dangerously positioned players out. I'm at a loss for how to explain it, this seemed to go beyond "we're tired from last night". The first goal was deflating, and the Sharks certainly showed themselves as a team to be reckoned with, so I'm not going to put too much stock in the final result. I'm sure Henrik will be on fire tomorrow night, and I'm sure Callahan is itching to help redeem the team. With them in the lead, this team always has a chance. I may do this recap piecewise over the next few days, I may just shut the door on it and pretend it didn't happen, I don't know yet. But I've turned the page, and all of you should too. There's a game tomorrow for us to get ready for.

No comments:

Post a Comment